Each Vancouver Island Fire Protection Association Member shall:
- Be dedicated to safety of the public from fire, in all aspects of their fire alarm work;
- Adhere to all applicable fire alarm codes, standards, and by-laws in all areas of fire protection including design, manufacture, application, installation, verification, maintenance servicing and promotion of fire alarm systems;
- Only perform fire alarm services for which they have qualification and experience;
- Be honest and truthful in all dealings;
- Behave in a manner that upholds the principles and integrity of the Vancouver Island Fire Protection Association;
- Support the education of industry participants concerning advances in Life Safety and Fire Alarm;
- Promote the Mission Statement, Goals and Objectives of the Vancouver Island Fire Protection Association, and both refrain from and discourage others from the misuse of its name and logo.